Sunday, June 17, 2007

Statistics of Gratitude

I spent part of this afternoon getting my donor database into shape, making sure that I have everyone, and have marked those who wish to remain anonymous. I now have the raw material for the "Sponsor's Hall of Fame", or whatever I end up calling it. Here are some statistics:
  • In the past 3 years, 315 of you have donated a total of 372 times.
  • 172 of those 372 donations were made during Pledge Drive Weekend.
  • Of the 172 of you who donated during PDW, 39 had donated before.
  • The amount donated during PDW was a bit over 56% of the total donated for all 3 years. In other words, you donated more during those three days than during the entire previous existence of the game!
  • Over three years, the Johnsons have donated 14 times. Dan, the grad student who found a volunteer programmer to help me, has also donated 7 times. Two people have donated 4 times each, five have donated 3 times each, and about two dozen have donated twice.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are the unique visitor stats? What % donate!

Anonymous said...

Um, is it just a really weird coincidence that the "comment" interface came up in Hungarian?

Evan Simpson said...

I haven't looked yet at the percentage of all player who donate. The logs are so huge that I've never bothered trying to seriously analyze them. I do plan to get a rough idea and report back, though.

And I have no idea why you would get Hungarian! Very odd.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new blog! ;) Looks great.

Ejly said...

Evan, thanks for hosting a great game. My husband and I both play. I missed the PDW or I would have participated. Many sites I visit have a "donate by paypal" option and perhaps you could consider that as well. Good luck with the bar!

Evan Simpson said...

eva: Your comment, along with some things other people have said, made me realize that the "Donate" link was not getting noticed. I've added a "PayPal" icon to it, to make it slightly more prominent. While I was at it, I changed the "Contact" link from a raw "mailto:" into a FAQ page.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Evan,

I'm grateful for the paypal link and have just made a modest donation. It can't begin to match the gratitude I feel for this site. I've been very sick for the past two years with Lyme Disease, and playing boggle online (and losing badly, I might add) has been a way for me to try and exercise my mind as my body heals.
I really appreciate this site and all the players here!